October Muses: Success for the Big 10 Alliance
Ten for Ten in 2010
These last few days I have been musing over the experience of the last 5 months. Always in the foremost of my mind is a strategy to create win win situations. Getting all the pieces to fit requires evaluating what works and what doesn’t. The one thing interesting to me is that generally I’m able to come up with a plan and move forward in the direction of realizing the goal. In the past when I took this approach there were not so many people involved in the outcome.
The intention of the Studio Earth Initiative now is to engage the community in the process of this creative social enterprise. Everyone’s efforts in helping to achieve the goal are necessary. I’m not alone anymore. I am teamed with a number of local nonprofits to assist them with a source of funding that is sustainable and consistent. I am also teamed with a group of dedicated partners in the Big 10 Alliance that gives us the collective strength we need to win these grants – allowing us to carry out our plans of having a positive impact on our communities. True grassroots efforts are the hands spinning this wheel of fortune; fortunes of opportunities in a challenged world where you the voters are being given a chance to support the altruistic visions of some really great causes. All you have to do is vote!
That is my musing. Somehow, the Pepsi prize, the $50K grant that we have been competing for has slipped from our grasp yet one more time, and I hope for the last time. While there are so many elements to this contest for funding that seem unfair, the one redeemer that keeps Studio 33 participating is the collective effort of others all doing great things to enrich communities all across America. It makes sense to me that I have found a place amongst this group The Big 10 Alliance – and this month it will be 10 for 10, or even better yet, all of our group including our soft partners. It will be a win for us all because everyone took a little bit of time each day to vote.
Everyone is being asked to make a contribution of time to support our Alliance. Voting for all ten partners is like casting 10 votes for Studio 33. We could not be in a winning position without them. Our request is simply a few moments out of your day, every day, to vote. Now while that seems like a lot to ask in a very busy world, consider for a moment the widespread impact this will have on many communities across America.
- Studio 33 will make a $50K grant replenish itself, year after year. Text vote 100505 to Pepsi @ 73774
- Skip Program, our long time partner in Pepsi will enable every child in their community access to their dream of playing sports. Text vote 100847 to 73774
- Casting for Recovery will provide hope and healing retreats for women breast cancer survivors. Text vote 101715 to 73774
- Associates of Redlands Bowl will bring free quality performing arts to the community. Text vote 102320 to 73774
- Buss Fitness will open a free community health and wellness facility. Text vote 100585 to 73774
- TwHistory for Social media, will create virtual reenactments via Twitter. Text vote 102066 to 73774
- Lynn Munter for Avalon will develop programming and curriculum for a free multi-arts school. Text vote 102340 to 73774
- Tilden will construct a safe, modern city playground in rural Tilden, Nebraska. Text vote 100507 to 73774
- Tualatin Elementary will run an after school arts program at Tualatin Elementary in Oregon. Text vote 100321 to 73774
- St Joseph School will provide teachers with computers which will benefit their students. Text vote 100242 to 73774
And our soft allies supporting our causes:
- Strong women organizing outrageous projects (SWOOP) will build wheelchair ramps for people in need. This is an organization that has done so many other incredible things over the last 14 years! Text vote 102191 to 73774
- Healthy Habits Nutrition empowering healthier choices: text 100214 to 73774
- Mokena School District bringing back extracurricular programs in Mokena, Il. Text 100518 to 73774
- The Gateway Playhouse creating access for patrons with disabilities. Text 102255 to 73774
- Read To Me providing books to low-income newborn babies in hospitals. Text 102348 to 73774
- RAINN expanding live online help for victims of sexual violence. Text 102552 to 73774
- Unity Project: Launch 1,000 youth service projects in America
- 87 Plays: Help save the youth sports programs in Las Vegas
- POP!: Open POP! Performing Arts Outreach Camp for underserved kids
- World Virtual School: Create World Virtual School to provide free courses to global students
Friends, this is by far the easiest no-cost way to help shape communities across America. Only a number of mouse clicks away, your 10 votes cast daily all 3 ways possible will help us make the difference you want to see in the world. But we need your commitment to voting daily and sharing this with others to encourage support to make it happen. Please remember to vote on weekends too! If you need a reminder please send us an email and we will put you on our list of people to remind. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try our new link for 3x voting http://big10alliance.org/
This link will take you to a page where you sign in and have the ability to toggle into facebook to vote after voting the list of projects in Pepsi – while also giving you all text numbers if you have unlimited text messaging and would like to text your votes as well. We have tried to make voting fun and simple for everyone that has been supporting us.
Thank you all – I speak for the Big 10 when I say this. So that would be THANK YOU! by the power of TEN!
This entry was posted on October 2, 2010 at 3:49 pm and is filed under art, Big Sept 10, involving community and non-profits, Pepsi Refresh Everything, philanthropy, Social Enterprise, Studio Earth, Uncategorized. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments. You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.